1. Do you have at least a 2.75 GPA?
2. Have you contacted your academic department?
3. Have you completed the Academic Credit Form?
Choose several options for credit as some courses may not be available when you arrive. Find course descriptions and, if possible, syllabi for the courses you wish to take. Copy and paste web site links into a word processing document with this information.
4. Have you made registration arrangements at the School of Mines?
5. Health insurance is required for study abroad. Please make arrangements with the Ivanhoe International Center.
South Dakota Board of Regents policy number is 10 GLM N01060946. Plesae include spaces.
This is a great resource for study abroad from your starting point until you return to the US
Financial Aid Information
FinAid: The Smart Student Guide to Financial Aid
School of Mines Scholarship
SDSMT students only
Interested students will need to submit a Scholarship Application. (see link below)
Deadline for this scholarship is usually in mid-October.
- Recipient will receive $5000 per semester for a total of three semesters.
- Funds for at least one semester must be used to study abroad through an approved SDSMT study abroad program, preferably with the recipient earning credit for the international experience. (contact the Ivanhoe International Center regarding programs)
- Recipient must be a rising junior or senior engineering student
- Recipient must have at least a 3.0 cumulataive SDSMT grade point average.
- First preference will be given to US citizens.
SDSMT students only
Deadline for this scholarship is usually mid-October.
Opportunities include scholarships for introductory experiences, design experiences, and educational immersion.
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship (must be receiving Pell grant)
Whitaker International Fellows and Scholars Program (Biomedical Engineering or Bioengineering)
Recent information on scholarships, internships, and other opportunities
(Monetos is an independent internet portal offering free information on the financial and social sectors of the European Union. It's articles on living, working and studying in the countries of the EU are a great resource to students considering a study abroad or internship abroad, while it's articles on international finance and insurance will help those studying Europe's financial and social systems.)
For more Information Contact:
Ivanhoe International Center
501 East Saint Joseph Street
Rapid City, SD 57701-3995
Telephone: (605) 394-6884
Fax: (605) 394-6883